First Steps Framework - Autumn Theme
First Steps Framework -- dance lesson ideas for BOTH a caregiver-child toddler class and an independent class for ages 2-3
The AUTUMN THEME is perfect for the entire fall season! Your dancers will be "blown away" by the fun they'll have dancing like the autumn wind, swirling leaves, and strong trees!
The First Steps Framework resource includes ideas that you can incorporate into your current lesson plan, as a way to present dance ideas in a different way. There are enough suggested class exercises to create a full class for your students. Whether you are a seasoned teacher of little ones who is looking to shake things up, or a dance educator who is working with this age group for the first time, this resource is meant for you!
This resource includes:
- class exercises/activities for creative movement-based classes, which would can work in a dance studio or a school enrichment setting
- full lesson plan for a caregiver-child toddler class AND a full lesson plan for an independent class of 2-3 year olds
- links to short video demonstrations of the exercises
- list of themed song suggestions & dance prop suggestions
- kid-friendly visual aids & printable items to help fully engage the students in the ideas
The First Steps Framework resources are here to support you in what you already do best -- bringing the love of dance to your students!