First Steps Framework Lesson Plans for parent-tot & creative movement dance - Welcome Day Theme
First Steps Framework -- dance lesson ideas for BOTH a caregiver-child toddler class and an independent class for ages 2-3
The WELCOME DAY THEME can be used ANY time! It is great for the beginning of a session at anytime of year, or whenever you would like to try something new with your dancers.
The First Steps Framework resource includes ideas that you can incorporate into your current lesson plan, as a way to present dance ideas in a different way. There are enough suggested class exercises to create a full class for your students. Whether you are a seasoned teacher of little ones who is looking to shake things up, or a dance educator who is working with this age group for the first time, this resource is meant for you!
This resource includes:
- class exercises/activities for creative movement-based classes, which would can work in a dance studio or a school enrichment setting
- full lesson plan for a caregiver-child toddler class AND a full lesson plan for an independent class of 2-3 year olds
- includes links to short video demonstrations of the exercises
- includes a list of themed song suggestions & dance prop suggestions
- includes kid-friendly visual aids & printable items to help fully engage the students in the ideas
The First Steps Framework resources are here to support you in what you already do best -- bringing the love of dance to your students!